Superior Preparation | Extraordinary Results
The Bren School Career Development team would recommend that PhD students primarily work with their respective faculty advisors for career-related assistance. However, if PhDs are interested in pursuing a non-academic career path, they can reach the Bren School Career Development team for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are a number of services available to PhD students through the Bren School Career Development Program, including:
- PhD Career Resources Connects you to comprehensive academic and non-academic job listings for PhDs.
- Bren School Online Network Although geared toward our master's students, the Bren School Online Network has information about CVs, cover letters, networking strategies, interviewing tips, salary negotiations, in addition to other job search-related topics. You must make an account to view these contents.
- Versatile PhD Resources for UCSB PhDs pursuing non-academic careers.
Additional Career Resources
- Job Announcement Listserv Email email@example.com to be added to the Bren School's Job Announcement Listserv and begin receiving announcements right away.
- Job Search Workshops Throughout the academic year the Career Development team puts on a number of career-related workshops. While most of these workshops are targeted at MESM students, Bren School PhD students are encouraged to attend.
- Professional Speaker Series In addition to holding workshops, the Career Development team invites speakers across different environmental fields to talk about their respective organizations, positions, and/or sectors.
- Bren School Communication Center The Communication Center reviews class assignments, research proposals, funding applications, and more to help students improve their written communication skills.