Newly Admitted MEDS Students
Congratulations on your acceptance to the Bren School's Master of Environmental Data (MEDS) program! Please use this guide while you determine if the Bren School is the best fit for you. We've included detailed instructions on the next steps to take to accept our admission offer and become part of the MEDS Class of 2024.
If you have any questions along the way, the Bren School Admissions Team is here to help: email@example.com.
Please mark your calendar for the following important dates, deadlines, and events!
- Bren School 2023 in-person Admitted Students Day: Friday, April 7, from 12:30-5:00pm, Pacific Time
Mark your calendar! This is a great opportunity to connect with Bren students, faculty, and staff, tour our campuses, and get all of your important questions answered. Details for this event will be sent via email so be sure to check your inbox regularly. If your contact info changes, please send us your updated email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. We also held a virtual overview of the MEDS program and shared how the Bren School's Career Development Team and its alumni network help students achieve their professional goals. If you didn't catch this event, you can view the recordings from the links below:
- Statement of Intent to Register Deadline: Saturday, April 15, 2023
To officially accept or decline our offer of admission, you must submit the online Statement of Intent to Register (SIR), located within your online application (graddiv.ucsb.edu/eapp/). If you are ready to make your decision, please submit your SIR as soon as possible-- we are eager to hear from you! If you were offered a financial award, please also send your response to our admissions office at email@example.com.
- New Bren MEDS Student Orientation: Thursday, August 3 - Friday, August 4, 2023
Please save the date for this mandatory orientation. More details to come!
- First Day of Instruction: Monday, August 7, 2023
Keep an eye on your inbox for course registration and other important information that will be sent to all incoming students in the spring.
After you submit your SIR decision, you may begin working on the next steps to finalize your UCSB enrollment, including:
- Have your official transcripts sent to the UCSB Graduate Division (if asked to do so in your official university admission letter).
- Generate your UCSB NetID and university email (Umail)
- Submit your Statement of Legal Residence (SLR)
- Apply for Graduate Student Housing if you'd like to live on campus
More information on how to complete these steps can be found on the UCSB Graduate Division's website: graddiv.ucsb.edu/how-apply/admitted-applicants-whats-next