Newly Admitted PhD Students
Congratulations on your acceptance to the Bren School's Environmental Science and Management PhD program! Please use this guide while you determine if the Bren School is the best fit for you. We've included detailed instructions on the next steps to take to accept our admission offer and become part of the 2024 incoming PhD cohort.
If you have any questions along the way, the Bren School Admissions Team is here to help: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mark your calendar for the following important dates, deadlines, and events!
- Statement of Intent to Register Deadline: April 15, 2024To officially accept or decline our offer of admission, you must submit the online Statement of Intent to Register (SIR), located within your online application (graddiv.ucsb.edu/eapp/). If you are ready to make your decision, please submit your SIR as soon as possible-- we are eager to hear from you! Please also send your response and signed letter of admission to our admissions office at email@example.com.
- New Bren PhD Student Orientation and Annual PhD Retreat: Dates TBD
Please save the date for this mandatory orientation. More details to come!
- Calculus Workshop: Dates TBD
- First Day of Instruction: Dates TBD
Keep an eye on your inbox for course registration and other important information that will be sent to all incoming students over the summer.
After you submit your SIR decision, you may begin working on the next steps to finalize your UCSB enrollment, including:
- Have your official transcripts sent to the UCSB Graduate Division (if asked to do so in your official university admission letter).
- Generate your UCSB NetID and university email (Umail)
- Submit your Statement of Legal Residence (SLR)
- Apply for Graduate Student Housing
More information on how to complete these steps can be found on the UCSB Graduate Division's website: graddiv.ucsb.edu/how-apply/admitted-applicants-whats-next