Attend the Bren School Open House!
Join us on Friday, November 4, 2022!
Get a sneak peek at what it’s like to be a Bren student and a part of the Bren community at UC Santa Barbara.
Bren faculty, students, and staff will host a series of information sessions. This is a great time to get all of your questions answered about admissions, academics, student life, financial support, housing, etc. Register here to receive more information about the Bren Open House.
Open House Agenda (Pacific Time)
This is a hybrid event with opportunities to join us virtually and in-person at Bren Hall at the beautiful UC Santa Barbara campus. All information sessions will be held in Bren Hall room 1414. Registered virtual guests will be provided with zoom links before the start of the event.
- 1:00-1:30 pm (Virtual and In-person): Welcome from the Dean of the Bren School, Steve Gaines. Hear from Assistant Dean, Satie Airame, who will introduce you to the Bren School's PhD and Master's programs and discuss how to choose the program that's right for your goals and interests, and how program outcomes differ.
- 1:30-2:00 pm (Virtual and In-person): Bren Faculty Panel. Hear from Bren School faculty who will talk about what makes Bren unique, our leading-edge environmental research, and a faculty perspective on Bren life and academics.
- 2:00-2:30 pm (Virtual and In-person): Bren Student Panel. Current Master's and PhD students offer their perspectives on the Bren School graduate programs, the broader UCSB campus community, and the Santa Barbara area.
- 2:30-3:00 pm (In-person only): Snack Break! In-person guests are welcomed into the Bren Hall Courtyard to chat with staff, faculty, and current students of the Bren School while enjoying snacks and refreshments.
- 2:30-3:00 pm (Virtual only): Zoom FAQ Session! Virtual guests have the opportunity to chat with admissions staff and current students. Bring all of your questions!
- 3:00-3:30 pm: (Virtual and In-person): Career Development Overview. Bren's Career Development team will tell you about the depth of career support offered to Master's and PhD students and how we help you develop the skills you need to be successful in any job market.
- 3:30-4:00 pm: (Virtual and In-person): Submitting your best application. Get the inside scoop from Bren's Admissions team! Kristine Duarte will present an overview of the application process, tips and insights about the requirements and application materials, and how to submit a competitive application.