Newly Admitted MESM Students
Congratulations on your acceptance to the Bren School's Master of Environmental Science and Management (MESM) program! Please use this guide while you determine if the Bren School is the best fit for you. We've included detailed instructions on the next steps to take to accept our admission offer and become part of the MESM Class of 2025.
If you have any questions along the way, the Bren School Admissions Team is here to help: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mark your calendar for the following important dates, deadlines, and events!
- Bren School 2023 Admitted Students Week: Monday, April 3 from 12:00-2:30pm (virtual) & Friday, April 7 from 1:00-5:00pm (in-person), Pacific Time
Mark your calendars! This is a great opportunity to connect with Bren students, faculty, and staff, and to get all of your important questions answered. Get an overview of the MESM program, and hear how the Bren School's Career Development Team and its alumni network will help you achieve your professional goals. Details for both events will be released via email so be sure to check your inbox regularly. If your contact information changes, please send your updated email address to email@example.com.
- Statement of Intent to Register Deadline: April 15, 2023
To officially accept or decline our offer of admission, you must submit the online Statement of Intent to Register (SIR), located within your online application (graddiv.ucsb.edu/eapp/). If you are ready to make your decision, please submit your SIR as soon as possible-- we are eager to hear from you! If you were offered a financial award, please also send your response to our admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New Bren MESM Student Orientation: Monday, September 18 - Wednesday, September 20, 2023
Please save the date for this mandatory orientation. More details to come!
- Math Bootcamp: Thursday, September 21 - Wednesday, September 27, 2023
- First Day of Instruction: Thursday, September 28, 2023
Keep an eye on your inbox for course registration and other important information that will be sent to all incoming students over the summer.
After you submit your SIR decision, you may begin working on the next steps to finalize your UCSB enrollment, including:
- Have your official transcripts sent to the UCSB Graduate Division (if asked to do so in your official university admission letter).
- Generate your UCSB NetID and university email (Umail)
- Submit your Statement of Legal Residence (SLR)
- Apply for Graduate Student Housing
More information on how to complete these steps can be found on the UCSB Graduate Division's website: graddiv.ucsb.edu/how-apply/admitted-applicants-whats-next