A partnership between UCSB's Environmental Studies Program and the Bren School of Environmental Science & Management
Bren-ES Fellows Program
A partnership between UCSB's Environmental Studies Program and the Bren School of Environmental Science & Management.
As part of its effort towards increasing representation in the environmental field, Bren has partnered with Environmental Studies to develop the Bren-Environmental Studies Fellows Program. By identifying and mentoring UCSB undergraduate students from under-represented and low-income groups, the Program seeks to nurture their potential as emerging environmental leaders.
Designed to nurture the career aspirations of Environmental Studies undergraduate students, the Program offers:
- workshops in professional communication, resumes, networking, and interviewing
- connections with Bren students, Bren faculty, and alumni / ae working in the environmental space
- 1:1 mentoring with Bren and ES faculty, students, and staff
- information about research opportunities and internships throughout the academic year
- a stipend of $150 in the Fall, Winter, and Spring quarters
The Fellows Program was super helpful when practicing interviews and receiving those pointers on my strengths and weaknesses. Both times I completed the activity with Heather, I left with beneficial feedback that I have utilized in all of my professional interviews since then. Not only that, but through this program I was fortunate enough to network with many people and one of them actually became my boss! Overall, I'm pretty grateful to have been a part of it and wish it existed sooner in my undergraduate career.
—Angie Garcia, Bren Fellow 2021-2022